I have been watching and reading Bleach for quite a few years now, it has thus far been one of my favourite series as well as being one of the reasons why I began writing on this blog. 18/08/2016 marks the day of Bleach manga end as Kubo Tite finishes and releases the final Bleach 686 chapter. I’d like to use this post as a way to say thank you and goodbye to Bleach.
I began watching Bleach a really long time ago, maybe 2006/2007, I began by watching the series after all the hype it currently had, I had no idea why it was so popular at the time and thus I watched it. I was still quite young, and the whole aspect of ghosts/hollows/Shinigami’s etc didn’t help me since I dropped the show after a couple of episodes.
I got a little scared and dropped it. A couple of months later, I noticed how much more hype the show had garnered, so I gave it a shot and surprisingly I was hooked, I flew past the first few episodes. Met Byakuya and Renji as they appeared to bring back Rukia, she was about to get executed so Ichigo and friends took to Urahara and Yoruichi to get to Soul Society.
They got there and fought against Zaraki, then Ichigo learned how to enable his Bankai, fought against Byakuya and was capable of bringing Rukia to safety. Afterwards, we met the Visoreds as well as Aizen who turned out to be the biggest enemy the show had seen. Ichigo enabled his Final Getsuga Tensho and defeated Aizen, he lost his powers only to regain his Fullbringer abilities, he got those stolen too but regained his reiatsu when Rukia stabbed him.
The Quincies begin their invasion into Soul Society where many captains such as Yamamoto and Komamura die or lose their abilities. Squad Zero gets involved but they are unable to defeat Yhwach after the Soul King’s abilities get absorbed. Ichigo loses his abilities multiple times, along with Tensa Zangetsu getting destroyed time and time ago, but he relies on his own powers to work alongside Aizen to defeat Yhwach.
10 Years later, Ichigo and Orihime are now married with Kazui Kurosaki as their child, also a Shinigami, while Rukia and Renji are also married with Ichika Abarai as their child, who is also a Shinigami. Yhwach’s reiatsu disappearances as Aizen is once again locked up. Furthermore, Rukia’s also a captain, along with some other new captains taking vacant positions. Kubo ends the show looking into the next generation with both Ichika and Kazui’s future journeys.
With how the series has gone, I am extremely happy in the way the show has ended. Some may argue otherwise, for example the individuals who got married, but overall I am happy to see Kubo’s image and thoughts go into what he believed to be the correct end for the show. Bleach has become such a big part of my life (and other people’s too) that one of the reasons for the existence of Daily Anime Art was Bleach, at that point in time, I was really into Bleach (along with some other series like Naruto and Fairy Tail) that I began this blog to post Bleach fan art.
From then on, I began doing reviews, commentating on Bleach anime episodes and manga chapters, as well as covering cosplay, news and so on. It’s come a long way from that point that it’s come to a point where I have to say goodbye to the series. I’d like to thank Tite Kubo for all the hard work he’s invested into Bleach, as well as the anime team for animating such a fantastic series. Whatever Kubo does next, I will definitely read it.
Just so you know I am not abandoning the Bleach series or any future work that may arise, such as the Bleach Movie 2018, I will keep an eye out for any news, thoughts, cosplay etc of the series. If the anime ever comes back, I will definitely be covering it here (still hopeful). So with that said, I’d like to go through a few comments other mangaka’s have made during the end of Bleach manga which was shown in the comment section of the Weekly Shonen Jump.
- Tite Kubo (Bleach): Somehow after these 15 years, I was able to finish drawing Bleach! I am incredibly thankful to all of you who continued to read and somehow show your support, and also to Ichigo and his pals.
- Kohei Horikoshi (My Hero Academia): I always used to shout “Ban! Kai!” as I opened my umbrella. Congratulations on the conclusion of Bleach.
- Haruichi Furudate (Haikyuu!!): I always looked up to and yearned to match your awesome visual style. Thank you for all your hard work, Kubo-Sensei!
- Eiichiro Oda (One Piece): You did excellent work on Bleach for the past 15 years, Kubo-San! Now go and have yourself a good rest!
- Kawada (Hinomaru Zumo): I’ve always admired your work. It was always so cool, right up to the very end! Thanks for everything, Kubo-Sensei!
- Yuuki Tabata (Black Clover): You are a huge influence for me. Thanks for all of your hard work on a long and successful serialization, Kubo-Sensei!
- Daisuke Ashihara (World Trigger): And Bleach finally reaches it’s conclusion. Kubo-Sensei, many thanks for your hard work!
- Osamu Akimoto (Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo): Nice work, Kubo-Kun! Now rest up and go on a nice trip somewhere!
- Koyoharu Goteuge (Kimetsu No Yaiba): Thank you for everything, Kubo-Sensei. I always loved Bleach ever since I started it in college.
- Yuuto Tsukuda/Shun Saeki (Shokugeki no Souma): Kubo-Sensei, you must be tired after all your hard work! I’m really looking forward to your next work as well!
- Shuuichi Aso (Saiki Kusou No Psi-Nan): Kubo-Sensei, Thank you so much for your incredible work over the past 15 years! I’ll be waiting for your next work!
- Hideaki Sorachi (Gintama): Once again, Jump just got a little bit lonelier. Kubo-Sensei, please come back soon.
- Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro (Toriko): Komi-Sensei, Kubo-Sensei, Thank you for your great work on two long and successful serializations!
- Ryou Nakama (Isobe Isobee Monogatari: Ukiyo Wa Tsurai Yo): Congratulations to Kubo-San on the conclusion of Bleach, and Isobee for reaching 200 characters!
With so many positive comments by other mangaka’s, what are some of your opinions, what would you like to say during the end of Bleach? How did you get started in the series, and what is your opinion on its end. Use the comment section below to tell me.